Home Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These are the conditions that apply to children who attend Garden Cottage Nursery. Garden Cottage Nursery believes these standard terms and conditions reflect the custom and practice of provision of full day care. The fee structure is such so as to promote stability, assist forward planning and the proper resourcing of the Nursery, and include staffing. Nothing within these terms and conditions affects the parent/guardian’s statutory rights. To enable us to provide and maintain the highest standards of care, we require all parents to be aware of and abide by the following conditions :-
• The Nursery is open from 8am-6pm Monday – Friday for 51 weeks per annum.
• To secure a place at the Nursery, a £100 deposit is required. A £25 administration charge is made per child from enrolment.
• All fees are charged monthly or termly in advance and must be paid on the first day of the month or term to which they relate.
• Fees are payable during periods of absence from the Nursery, including sickness and holidays ( parents MUST inform the Nursery).
• Fees are calculated on the basis of the number of eligible days booked within the month or term. We will not be charging for Bank Holidays.
• All requested changes with hours and sessions must be received in writing. Each request will be considered depending on staffing commitments and ratios. Any changes for reducing hours, not for leavers, term time children will need to give half terms notice and all year round will have to give two Months’ notice or please see Jane.
• We are able to take childcare vouchers that can be obtained through your employer however; it is the responsibility of the bill payer to ensure that payments are made to the nursery on time.
• Payment Terms and strictly 30 days from the date of invoice, unless special arrangements have been made. The Company reserves the right to apply a charge of 8% per annum, above the current base rate to any overdue payments. In the event of non-payment the fees from the Companies Collection Agency, will be added to the outstanding account.
• We offer the free entitlement to all children after their second (applied for from county by the parent) and third birthday and more information can be obtained from the office or requested by email. FE only children will not be required to pay a deposit or administrations charge.
• Fees quoted for full day care (8am-6pm) include breakfast and tea. A hot lunch is available at £2.30 per day.
• Once a place at the Nursery is confirmed, half a term’s notice is required if you wish to withdraw your child from the Nursery or two months if they attend all year. Fees are payable during the whole of this time. Fees are also payable if there is any delay on your part in taking up the place once accepted.
• Parents/guardians collecting children late from the Nursery will be charged for extra hours based on the hourly rate. Parents/guardians should be aware that the Nursery is to be vacated by the designated closing time.
• Please ensure that your child is sent to the Nursery with a full set of clothing with their name clearly marked. In winter please ensure that your child brings either Wellington boots or outdoor shoes for wet play in the garden.
• Garden Cottage Nursery reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions and pricing as and when required. If changes are made, two months’ notice will be give allowing the parents/guardians the opportunity to accept or terminate their child’s registration prior to the new terms and conditions or pricing taking effect. Failure to sign into the new terms and conditions or pricing will be viewed as non-acceptance and the child’s registration will be terminated.
• It is understood that Garden Cottage Nursery is under an obligation to report to Social Services any incident where we consider a child may have been abused or neglected. This may be done without informing the parent or guardian. Our first concern will always be the child’s safety.